GELin Update 21.10
Release of the latest version
For more than ten years, Ginzinger has relied on Linux as an operating system platform for customized, sophisticated electronic devices. Using a powerful operating system simplifies the development, maintenance and support of embedded systems.
Twice a year, Ginzinger provides enhancements - this fall with GELin 21.10, the next version of the embedded Linux platform.
Ginzinger ensures the long-term compatibility and maintenance of its GELin distribution so that users can smoothly take advantage of the features of the latest versions.
GELin comes with a comprehensive set of verified and qualified tools, libraries, frameworks, drivers and features that make it easy to develop robust, long-lasting embedded devices.
All components are optimized for the i.MX family of processor platforms offered by Ginzinger, as well as for resource consumption and runtime, and are of course intensively tested.
Various enhancements, upgrades and improvements have been packed into the current version.
- based on Buildroot 2021.2 LTS
- preliminary i.MX8 support
- enhancements & improvements
- bugfixes and security fixes
Upgrades software components
- buildroot 2021.02.1 --> 2021.02.6
- Linux 5.4.113-ge-21.04 --> 5.4.154-ge-21.10
- Qt 5.12.10 --> 5.12.11
- GLIBC 2.32-37 --> 2.32-50
- PHP 7.4.16 --> 7.4.24
Notable improvements & changes
- Legal-info is now buildable again
- Fix Qt grabWindow
- Initial support for verified booting ("Secure Boot")
- easier kernel debugging by adding "scripts_gdb" to make target
- added packages
--> tpmtools (tools and libraries to interface with tpm)