GELin Update 21.04
Release of the latest Version
For ten years Ginzinger has relied on Linux as an operating system platform for customized, sophisticated electronic devices. The use of a powerful operating system simplifies development, maintenance and support of embedded systems.
Twice a year Ginzinger provides extensions - in spring 2021 with GELin 21.04, the next version of the Embedded-Linux-Plattform.
From wristwatches to supercomputers, Linux is successfully used in a wide variety of applications. This is due to the many available turnkey software components, which are maintained and kept up-to-date by thousands of professional and volunteer developers around the globe.
Ginzinger ensures the long-term compatibility and maintenance of its GELin distribution so that users can use the features of the latest versions without friction.
GELin comes with a comprehensive collection of verified and qualified tools, libraries, frameworks, drivers and functions that make it easy to develop robust, durable embedded devices. All components are optimized for the processor platforms of the i.MX family offered by Ginzinger, as well as for resource consumption and runtime and of course intensively tested.
highlights of the 21.04 GELin update:
- Full Release
- based on Buildroot 2021.2 LTS
- Preliminary i.MX8 support
- bugfixes and security fixes
- Software component uprades (Security-, bug fixes and features)
- Buildroot 2020.02.7 --> 2021.02.1
- Linux 5.4.53-ge-20.08 --> 5.4.113-ge-21.04
- Qt 5.12.8 --> 5.12.10
- GLIBC 2.30-73 --> 2.32-37
- PHP 7.4.11 --> 7.4.16
- Noteworthy additional changes and improvements
- full fledged unzip instead of busybox's version
- added media processing extensions for GStreamer
- added OpenSSL extension for PHP
- added TPM support for OpenVPN
- added packages --> ge_ethmgr (Ginzinger embedded ethernet manager) & ge_wlanmgr (Ginzinger Embedded wi-fi manager)